This is a VERY NICE example of a 100% INERT WW2 German Wehrmacht/Luftwaffe 10.5 cm leFH18 Steel Shell, as used in both static and vehicle mounts!
The 10.5 cm leFH 18 (German: leichte Feldhaubitze “light field howitzer”) was a German light howitzer used in World War II and the standard artillery piece of the Wehrmacht, adopted for service in 1935 and used by all divisions and artillery battalions. A major advance on its predecessor the 10.5 cm leFH 16, the leFH 18 was superior in caliber to its early opponents in the war, with adequate range and firepower, but the modern split trail gun carriage that provided it with more stability and traverse also rendered it too heavy for a mobile role in the largely horse-drawn artillery battalions of the German army, particularly in the mud and snow of the Eastern Front.
The leFH 18 was further developed as the leFH 18M and leFH 18/40. Beginning in 1942, self-propelled versions were created by fitting the howitzer on a Panzer II, a H35, Char B1 or 37L chassis. It was also used to equip German allies and neutral countries in Europe prior to and during the war.
Made of solid steel, this is a FANTASTIC piece of history! Completely inert, there are some slight wear and marks, however it remains VERY SOLID with various marking throughout. There is one dent in the side, but this could be rectified if one wished. Would make a PERFECT addition to any collection or display!